The Holidays are here already can you believe it? I’m still putting away Halloween decorations while my neighbor is hanging Christmas Lights! Well, I might as well jump on the wagon too.
Every year I feel like my husband and I concentrate so much on the “big gifts” for the children that we forget about the stockings and end up throwing in random nonsense last minute.
We seem to resort to candy and toothbrushes which is the strangest combination. They’re just so easy to grab while your brain is juggling singing jingle bells, trying to remember if you bought something for Granny, and wondering how the heck you’re going to keep your cool in the annoyingly long line.
This year i’d like to steer away from giving ALL candy, so I’ve wrote a list of little things I can afford that I know the kids will use and enjoy. I’ve polled a couple of friends, searched the internet and since I have my own tribe of children of almost every age I threw in things that they’re into right now too.
Dollar Store, Dollar Tree, 99 cents store trinkets and candy are a give in, and work as great fillers! Plus every once in a while you run into some great finds!
Here are some ideas, links to amazon included for your convenience!
*prices on amazon may fluctuate based on availability*
ALL $5 AND UNDER!!!!
- Sippy Cups
- O Ball 1-Piece Rattle & Roll Car
- Apply Sauce Squeezies, my daughters would live off these if they could!
- Munchkin Wind Up Swimming Bath Toy
- The First Years Keys Teether
- Bright Starts Pretty in Pink Teething Purse
- Hatchimal CollEGGtibles 1pack, these are HUGE in my house right now, also all over my floor
- Kinder Surprise Eggs
- Ryan’s World Mystery Blind Bag & so many other blind bag toys
- Movies from the bargain movie bins at different department stores
- Play-Doh, I know I know I tense up when I hear those words too, but its CHRISTMAS
- Hot Wheels
- Lego Duplo small sets
- Small Sticker Books
- Small Coloring Books
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Refrigerator Magnets
- Pokemon Cards
- $5 Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo Gift card
- Small Nerf Gun
- Nerf Bullets
- Playing Cards
- Small Lego Sets
- Mega Blocks American Girl doll
- Hatchimal CollEGGtibles 1pack
- Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils
- Barbie Accessory Packs
Age 11 +
- Axe Body Spray
- Gift Cards
- Nail Polish/Chapstick/Lip Gloss
- Baseball Cards
- Wall Poster
- Bath Bombs
- Beef Jerky
I hope this helps with your Stocking Stuffer shopping and gives you a couple ideas other than candy canes. If you have a house full of rotten children like I do, you may find that Santa went ahead and filled them for you..with COAL! Just Kidding 😉