Facebook Poll Results
I did a poll recently on my Facebook page. I let you all know that i’m human and I GOOFED!
I made my Breakfast Casserole by request of my Little Leo who asks at least once a week if i’ll make it. It had been a while, in fact I don’t think I’ve made it since we made the BIG MOVE here.
Back to the Poll. I asked if my followers would like me to still post this recipe EVEN THOUGH I forgot to take a picture of my finished product.
The Majority of my Followers said YES. What a treat you all are in for!
Robbing the Taste
The first time I tasted a Breakfast Casserole was at a Birthday Party. I remember it was more of a brunch type party because along with the Breakfast Casserole there was Quiche being served (YUM!) I knew I had to go home and try to recreate this dish myself!
It’s really something special if I make a dish that all four kids like! And this one is a total hit. We make it for Breakfast or Dinner! It’s delicious and filling for either meal.
The Ultimate Breakfast Casserole
For Best Results when whipping eggs, use an Immersion Blender! One of my most favorite kitchen gadgets of all time!
The Ultimate Breakfast Casserole w/ Homemade Gravy
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese of your choice (I used a shredded Mexican blend)
- 12 oz Bacon
- 8 oz Sausage
- 16 oz Tube of Jumbo Biscuits
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Tbsp of reserved Bacon/Sausage Grease
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using Cooking Spray, Coat the bottom and sides of a Large Casserole Dish
- Fry your Bacon until it is cooked but not too crispy, Remove and set aside to cool
- Using the same skillet used to fry your bacon, add the Sausage and fry until cooked thoroughly. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Reserve 4 TBSP of Bacon/Sausage fat for Gravy.
- Chop your bacon and sausage into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Start to assemble your casserole by popping open the Biscuits and breaking them into 1 inch size pieces, scatter them evenly along your Large Casserole Dish.
- Sprinkle your Bacon, Sausage and then the Shredded Cheese evenly over the Biscuits.
- Start to make your Gravy. If you have made Gravy before, this is a traditional easy home-style gravy. Heat the fat reserved from the Bacon and Sausage on medium heat. Grab a whisk and mix in the Flour. Continue at a Medium Heat and carefully add the Milk. Continue to whisk, adding the Salt and Pepper. The gravy will cook fairly quickly. It’s important that you continue to whisk until you achieve the consistency you prefer.
- Once the gravy is through, pour it into your casserole. (I make mine a little thick so It needs a little help being poured in)
- Whip up your eggs until well combined. Add to your Casserole.
- Bake Covered for 20 minutes, Uncover and continue to bake for another 25 Minutes or until Biscuits are done and eggs look fluffy and yummy!
This recipe easily serves 8-10 people. Our family of 6 will enjoy it and there is ALWAYS leftovers.
I hope you enjoy this Breakfast Casserole Recipe, Please Subscribe with your email!
I would love to see your pictures of the “Finished Product!!!”